Sunday, May 20, 2007

What is the risk?

Hmm... I was reading "Choke" by Chuck Palaniuk. I don't know exactly what time I went to bed. See, I watched Shrek the Third, then came back home, read some blogs, and then I just decided to read like 200 pages. I was sleepy. I could feel it both physically and mentally. So after 200 pages, I really lost track of time. It had to be late I think. This morning... I woke up with a dream about tailgating with some USC friends and some random freshmen frat boys... It wasn't a nightmare or anything but I guess when the dream carried on for a while, your brain became more active and the sleep wasn't as deep. So even my phone was a silence, the vibration was enough to wake me regardless.

It was L. She just came back from San Francisco. She said she wanted to hang out. Well I would love to but it was 10am and I didn't know exactly why I woke up. So I told her I couldn't and I needed to climb back into my bed. But then, despite the fact that I really want to have a fulfilling sleep, I couldn't fall back to my dream lala land.

Logging on the wonderful world of internet and this time my randomness directed me to facebook.

L just posted 5 pictures of the night that we went to BLVD 3 club for graduation. Nice pictures because everyone looked so drunk...


Now my first instinct was to share. But then I felt reluctant because... well not that many bloggers out there are sharing their pictures for some reason. I guess anonymity of the blogsphere is still one of the main characteristics that bloggers commonly want to preserve. I mean I started this blog thinking that I could write everything without worrying about that my friends finding out that I am gay. Now most of my friends kinda know already so it wouldn't be a big deal. So what is left here for me to be reluctant? I don't know but my instinct is telling me not to. I mean we all have heard the horror stories that some blogger rant about his/her boss then later was discovered by the boss who subsequently fired his/her ass. I mean who knows...

But really though, what is the risk, and why don't most of the blogs that I read do not post pictures? The ones that do are only a handful. Let me see... Jules, Jeff Bruised, Cooper, Chris Boy Brief, SSD, Dash (but personally I wouldn't be able to recognize you from those pictures), West Village Kid, hmmm who else, well you get the idea.

Just wondering.

2 comments:

jay said...

Many times I've considered it and I'm afraid mostly from the viewpoint that with a picture up I have to censor myself when discussing certain topics and since this blog is about getting my thoughts out, it would be a bad thing.

As such, if someone asks for a pic I do sometimes send them one but I definitely do not want pics of me coming back to haunt me a few years later.

Hamilton said...

well that is my point, if people who see your picture are not affliated with you, censorship doesn't matter. right?