Thursday, May 24, 2007

Flight part 1

After 12 hours in the air. I am now in Incheon International Airport in Seoul. The trip wasn't nearly as horrible as I thought it’d be so far. See, I usually cannot fall asleep on an airplane. But today, I pretty much slept through the whole trip. I ate twice, no poop, and read 50 pages of Haunted and the rest was just dreamless sleep. There were two little kids who couldn't shut the fuck up. They cried through the trip. Screaming, kicking, and making a scene. The parents were utterly useless and incompetent. I am glad that I slept through the trip otherwise I would seriously lose my temper.

The book Haunted by Chuck Palachiun was entertaining. The part of how Gut-free, a guy who lost his large intestine to a swimming pool filter while he was masturbating underwater was utterly genius. I couldn't help but feel sorry for this fictional character. The entire process of how the meat whacking went incredibly well just like always, and all of sudden he realized that he couldn't swim up because his butt was stuck in the 400lb suction of the pool filter. He was about to drown. He was kicking and fighting. Eventually he kicked one leg up and started to swim upward. However he felt he was still pulled by the filter. He looked back and saw his large intestine swimming like a big sea snake and the corns, peanuts, and vitamin pills were still visible inside this moving organ. At the last second, he bent over and bit the intestine loose and survived the ordeal. However, he never gained a pound of weight since then. He was 13 when the whole fiasco went down.

At that moment, I was hooked on the book. I wanted to read more but I guess because of the late flight and the warm temperature inside, I just couldn't keep my eyes open.

It is cloudy and cold here in Seoul. Pretty much like LA early morning. But they kept the airport warm and cozy. Nothing too exciting really.

Now I am just sitting here, staring at the grey sky waiting for my next flight to southern China. It is about another 3 hours. Oh the dreary. At least, things start to gain some natural color outside. The morning grey that devours everything in its way is making its exit.

OMFG another kid who wouldn't stfu at the airport. I mean for god's sake I don't remember the parents were this incompetent before. They should just slap them cross the face and totally shock these little suckers and make them realize that it is not ok to be a little crying dwarves and behaving like an animal in public place. Ok I am just kidding about the slapping part but parents nowadays just seem to be so clueless about controlling their kids. They need to figure this shit out before they leave their house.

4 comments:

JUSTIN said...

12 hours on a plane with screaming kids? You have to tell me your secret.

Sounds like classic Chuck!

Hamilton said...

hee hee '
I love the jet lag. I am about to pass out here in China at 12:46 am and you are wide awake.

I don't know, sleepy bug must have got a hold on me. I was asleep almost the whole way, eat, piss, sleep ZzzZzz. But everytime I was awake there would be one of those evil little creatures tearing their lungs apart.

jay said...

I've never experienced screaming or crying kids on a flight nor do I want to. Flights are nothing but sleepy time for me.

S.B. said...

OMG, I am sooo glad you like the book. Seriously, did you get all nervous with knots in your stomach reading that one chapter about the masturbation accident???

I did, it totally make me feel nauseous but strangely, in a good way.

Hope the rest of the trip is a success!