Sunday, May 27, 2007

Flight part 2

Well. More crying freaking babies on the flight.

That is like a given already.

It's been raining outside like crazy for a while already. The southern heat in China is pretty sneaky. The moist and heated air always consistently creeps into every room whenever there is an opportunity, a opened window or a loosely closed balcony door. Of course if we don't turn on the AC, the warm and humid air will just gradually materialize. It is disgusting. I don't mind the heat at all; I just hate the humidity.

It's good to see my uncle's family, especially my cousin. I think I haven't seen her for roughly 13 years. That is pretty long by any measure. She has become a young lady who doesn't resemble the little screamer that I used to know. She is young, energetic, beautiful and very smart. Apparently she's done sophomore university level of chemistry, physics, and math at age of 18. According to her, this is not so much of an accomplishment since her friends have done the same at age of 16.

I have battling the jet lag ever since I arrived. But everything has been worked out just fine. We've done some shopping and lots of talking. We've caught up and reconnected. It feels great.

There were many things that I wanted to talk about when I had those conversations with my uncle's family, my mom's friend etc. But I decided not to because a lot of them are very culture and political dependent subjects and I think it is rather dull to talk about and not to mention how long the post would be and now hard would it be for me to type it up and proof read. Yeah I am a lazy ass lol...

There is nothing too interesting so far. Mostly the family warm fuzzy things.

I already miss LA. I want to reconnect with my friends back there and also I want to keep networking with my new friends that I made this semester. These friends are really worthwhile to keep in touch since they are so smart and driven and they have unlimited potentials.

Yeap I guess I had another episode. I was on facebook and started to go through friend's profile and pictures, and then friend's friend's pictures and profiles then strangers... Online social network is a fascinating thing haha what can I say. I thought to myself, omg now people all parted their ways I really need to jump back right at the scene and stay afloat. Compared to this, my current trip rather useless. It is chilling but it is not something I want atm.

Man this post is not going anywhere. I guess it is the rain, or whatever, I just don't feel all that happy right now. Maybe I am tired. I gotta stop the rant

1 comment:

mstpbound said...

i'll be in northern china for a lot of it, i think beijing, tianjin, maybe shanghai for a bit. but then i'll also be going to guangzhou and shenzhen and maybe other southern cities...

GOD there had bettered NOT be screaming kids on my flight or so help me god i will slap them for their parents.

also, part of what i like about china is that whenever i go back, it's always a pleasure trip (well, i guess this time i'm half going on a internship...) so i really like the aimlessness. you know? when i'm in the US and at school, and i wake up, it's always like: here's the people i have to meet with today, these are the things i have to do today, these are the things that i can put off today, etc etc, and it's so EXHAUSTING. but in china, i can just wake up, and...nothing. :) i don't HAVE to DO anything. and that's a good feeling, too, sometimes. :) :)