Friday, May 18, 2007

The force is calling

The dark force of Apple Computer that is.

This is my first month of having this new Dell Laptop and it already started to give me software problems. Within the first week, the DVD rom driver corrupted. Well, Dell provided pretty good customer services, so within an hour, the problem was fixed.

Now, out of no where, my Adobe Photoshop went bananas. It won't start and says that my personal information went missing and it can't start the program. So I decided to uninstall the entire problem and reinstall. Hmm. sweet jesus Windows Vista showed me what is the definition of frustration. After I opened the new fancy looking control panel, and spent two minutes finding the right icon to click, I suddenly realized that the "Uninstall" window seemed to be corrupted as well. Now I have used this feature before and it definitely worked back then. For some reason, the uninstall option just won't pop up. Not just for Photoshop, but also for any other program. So now I can't uninstall anything!!! This is so frustrating.

So I went online looking for Dell support. Well they are sleeping now too. I thought they outsourced the god damn customer services already, what is this sleeping thing. They aren't allowed to sleep! So I went to Microsoft's website. You would think that with 40 some BILLIONs in CASH, they would be able to support a full line of 247 customer service. OH NO!!! They don't even provide online chat for Windows Vista Home Basic users. GREAT JOB, Microsoft!! ALSO, they have "operation hours". When are the American corporations allowed to sleep? This is an outrage!!

If I were using an apple, even though it is like disabled without that one giant button instead of two, I would still have none of this stupid non-sense problem. WHAT IS THIS!!!!

Now it is 3:00am. I am tired and pissed.

5 comments:

Jeff said...

ew. windows vista home basic? on a dell? you should have just gone with xp because its stable. i think your school provides a copy- depends on which department.

Jeff said...

- i beta tested for vista starting last year- its not fun.

Hamilton said...

I had a scream fest with the dell guy today. Exhausted, heat stroke, plus sleeping deprivation. So much fun. Yeap. I have to do a image restore. It has to fix everything if i do that !!! IT JUST HAS TO

Ahuh said...

Vista is so expensive here in manila!!!

jay said...

The one big button on Apple computers don't matter anymore. You simply tap the touchpad with two fingers and it's a right click.

I just switched from Windows to a MAC and i'm not looking back. But at least you got to the root of the problem with Vista.