Saturday, May 12, 2007

Interesting people #1

After my haircut, I decided to go to the gym. Btw, the haircut was much needed. I looked like a shaggy dog.

So here is how my gym structured. It is the building on the border of Paseo Plaza area. It is located on the second floor and connected to the parking structure cross the street by a long bridge. I wish the bridge was made of marbles, that would be fancy. But too bad it is just regular stones. But it is still kinda refreshing to look at. The view to the east side is kinda good since you can see other taller buildings.

The weather was pretty nice today and I had my new haircut which made me feeling fresh, you like the freshness exuberate from a dog after it takes a shower. I felt like that. I felt like jump around a bit. But I didn't hehe. I was walking slowly from the parking lot to my gym. Took my sweet time to enjoy the sun and warmth. Then I noticed this guy who dressed up in a nice professional suit. He was moderate height, kinda skinny and his race was kinda of a blur. I thought he was white but then kinda Asian looking. I know these two races don't necessarily resemble the same features but I really got confused between these two on this guy. Anyways, what was also interesting was that he wore dark glasses. Not those clown size euro trash style ones. It was kinda weird but looked ok. He looked very serious facing the west side of the bridge and stood there for a couple seconds. I kept walking and thought to myself, wtf is this douchebag doing. Then he moved which kinda surprised me a little. For some reason I assumed he would be there looking like that for a while lol... I guess the lack of sleep made me think irrationally. The strange dude walked slowly to the stone fence of the bridge and picked up something. By the time he finished the sequence of actions I was about 4 feet away from him and I saw the thing that he picked up was a camera. He apparently noticed that I saw what he was doing. I could tell that he was trying to be cool and calm. I mean it was kinda embarrassing in a way that a person takes picture of himself in a suit with weird sunglasses and looking all rapgangsta while he was at it.

Well, I am an asshole I guess. I didn't spare him the time. Instead I broke the precious awkward silence and I didn't let it go so easily. I said, dude, you need help with that. I actually slowed down. Now his composure just crumbled. He started to laugh awkwardly and said, no no it is ok I am just.. taking pictures... of myself. I am like NO SHIT. Well I didn't say that but my smile would probably said everything. Then I just walked away to my gym.

Now I wonder wtf is he taking that picture for? Maybe for facebook? friendster, or myspace. I mean... that attire is not "cool". It might in certain circumstances but it just wasn't too thrilling when I saw it happen. Also the scenery wasn't kicking ass..... Pasadena is nice and all but that bridge is too small to capture the beauty of the city.

OH well.

No comments: