Monday, May 07, 2007

Another final is outta the way

This is my last hard finals out of the four I have this semester. The last final is a take-home final which means bunch people will "do" it together and turn them in lol... Talking about that, I need to call my friends and see who has the answers already.

Today's final was for Financial Derivatives. Basically it is the introduction course in the field but concentration course offered in USC for this major. We "learned" to value options, forward contracts, and variations of similar financial instruments in hope of hedge risks in making investment decisions. The final was... I guess it was kinda easy. There, I just jinxed myself lol... But with the help of a 2 sheets of official cheat sheets allowed for finals, I didn't leave anything blank. After the final was over, I compared my answers with my friend and it seems like I should be ok. At least I should be able to hit the curve. However, I did discover a problem that I think I got wrong. It was the stupid interest swaptions and I think I used the paying arm - the receiving arm so the value was positive whereas my friend's answer was negative. bah.... too late to think about this shit now.

I want to say that I regret that I didn't look at that part more but honestly all I can say is that I am so glad it is over.

The bitter sweetness is even more evident as the last days of my entire college years approaching. I want to cheer but I really want to cry at the same time. I am no longer a teen. Well that one was long gone lol.. Ok I am no longer a young adult. I am entering my adulthood that just sounds so god damn old. I don't want to be old and become a part of this stupid rat race. This is frightening.

Oh well, I think I need to relax a bit now. haha.

Update
I forgot to mention that today it is almost 100 degrees in LA. It was barely 80 yesterday. So it is definitely a huge jump in temperature. I love it. I can already see myself at the beach hahahaha. But it is only May and it is already 100 I wonder if this year the temperature would break 115-120 mark. Global warming is coming!!!!!!! poor polar bears

4 comments:

jay said...

Yes, It's quite a scary thought. I delayed entering the "real" world by going to grad school for an additional 2 years and now I'm quite scared and sad.

I've made alot of friends these past 2 years here in Pittsburgh and now they're all heading all over the country and it's a shame because we may never all be in the same place at the same time ever again.

With regards to the final, I try not to look back and just focus on then fact that it's OVER!

Hamilton said...

yeap. indeed good points jay!

dan said...

one thing I don't miss at all about grad school is the finals, good luck!
I've been embedding youtube by copying the link provided on the right of the video where it says embed code.. and then pasting it under html mode when doing a new post. I hope that helps?
later, hamstud.

Mike said...

Hey,

I've been reading your blog for a while and thought I'd say hi.

I'm about 60 miles east of you, but get to LA pretty often.

USC was my dream school for Communications.

I'm a 3rd year college student... would love to chat with you soon.

Mike