Thursday, March 22, 2007

Hawaii Trip - Take 2

Luckily, the trip has gone pretty well since I left the airport. Michele brought her laptop and I watched Love Actually on the plane. It was such a cute movie!! Everyone should watch it. I think curvy British girls are kinda cute like the one that Hugh Grant fell in love with in the movie. We landed in Honolulu at 6:00pm. Wasting no time, we rushed to the hotel room and then headed to the beach directly. It was already a bit cold and it was extremely cloudy that day. It looked as if a thunderstorm would come anytime. The air was humid and warm. Even though it was still very nice, it didn't feel like Hawaii. Not like I have ever been to Hawaii before but somehow I had certain expectations such as the Hawaiian heat, sunshine, and blue sea. The water was there alright, but with the dark sky, everything was enveloped in a layer of grey...

Anyway, after quick water dipping, we headed for dinner. We found this local restaurant called Ono Restaurant. I later learned that Ono meant yummy in local tongue. The stuff was very good and very Asian. It wasn't Chinese but definitely had Chinese delicacy influences. Well, the entire Asia had some kind of Chinese influences in their food lol... Maybe not so much for India...

Dinner was very satisfying and made us very sleepy, so we took a quick nap and met up with Hester and Carla. The locals told us that since it was on a weekday, especially it was a Monday, most of the clubs weren't in full motion. The best place to be around that area was probably Mai Tai, a local bar that plays Reggae. Oh, I've got to mention that I loved how tight the city was in Honolulu. Everything was next to everything. The clubs were about a couple blocks away from our hotel. It was some gigantic blocks but if you wanted to walk, 20-30 mins would do. Driving would usually get you there in 5-10 mins. But I guess because of the fast travel, everything seemed to be a sighting seeing sensation, even the clubs that were local business opening for the locals. But for us, it was just like a stop at Disneyland.

Mai Tai turned out to be a great success. We all loved it very much. The music was awesome and every song was played and sang by the live band. The drinks were pretty and tasty. All mixed drinks were decorated witha fresh purple lei. I had a shot of Patron Silver, a beer, and two tropical drinks named Mangolicious. It tasted like Mango slush, incredibly refreshing and delicious. I didn't think it was alcoholic drink in the beginning. But actually each drink had at least one shot of tequila in there too. Then we danced all night. Three hours straight. I was sweating like a pig. Because the bar was on top of a mall, so it was in the open space. The warm and humid Hawaiian night wind caressed the crowd the whole night. It was very tropical and a bit exotic. Everyone was sweating and it was sexy, the sweats were natural and the scent was of the green sea on Waikiki beach. I saw a couple cute guys but it was a straight bar so I didn't want to ask anyone and cause a potential hate crime @_@...

Hester must be really in the party mood. How couldn't she be? It was an extension to her birthday celebration. She found a local guy to dance with almost immediately. Personally I didn't think he was cute, even a bit ugly for my taste. Carla, Hester's sister shared the same opinion with me. But Michele and Hester both thought he was cute. I guess people's tastes were indeed very different haha. Hester danced with him the whole night and toward the end of the night, they were already kinda inseparable. It was a bit strange to see Hester doing this because this wasn't her normal behavior. I guess vacation on exotic island would do things like this to people lol...

We had a lot of fun and felt fulfilled and exhausted like you would expect in a perfect vacation. Headed back to hotel around 4:00pm (7:00am in LA time), and had a great night of sleep.

5 comments:

Jules said...

Excellent time!!! That bar sounds really neat, being in the open air and all. So, on a scale from 1 - 10, how great was your trip, this far?

Hamilton said...

the entire trip is an 7 for me. It was very relaxing and refreshing. I was enjoying it 100%. There were 3 downsides invovling lots drama. I dont know why but drama seems to happen around me all the time that does not involve me most of the time. Kinda tired of that lol... I will write about it later. But they didn't bother my trip at all because the drama does not involve me haha.

dan said...

sounds like a blast.
I swear I need to get out of OKC more! later

Anonymous said...

Great Blog. Pleas visit my blogs:
http://www.templarinfo.com/hawaiiislandtour
http://www.templarinfo.com/hawaiilawyer
http://www.templarinfo.com/hawaiitour
http://www.templarinfo.com/helicoptercrashhawaii
http://www.templarinfo.com/hawaiihelicopter

Anonymous said...

Great blog! please visit mine

Hawaii Island tours