Thursday, July 12, 2007

Ah... relax

Well I try to. I am gonna refrain myself from constantly talking about stupid shit like recruiting because enough is enough. I mean this blog is for ranting but ranting the same shit would be really boring. So until I get a great job I am just not gonna talk about it anymore.

I was talking to MSTP Bound today and I felt bad afterward because I basically made him my temporary emotional trash can and dumped my recruiting mishaps all over him over the phone. Great that he redirected the subject to traveling and my mind actually wandered off to the heavenly places that are deep in the high mountain ranges in China. Anyways, he was a good sport and pretty much said whatever that he could to make me feel better. It is relaxing to sometimes imagine yourself elsewhere or talk to someone so that at least your mind would be off the stressful things. I talked to several other people later on aim. I guess my bad mood reflected quite well. Wasn't chatty at all. But I was just not in the mood to talk.

So after stressing over it for a long time, I felt stupid. I really did whatever I could so it is time for me to move on. I think it should be the same to everything that I do, not just my recruiting. In many cases, 100% effort is really the best one can do. I have to let go sometimes so that my fate can take care of itself. The extra attention that I gave to this stupid subject was all futile. It didn't do anything except making myself even more stressed. So I am gonna take some deep breath now and just relax. Keep looking for jobs and I am sure I can find a decent one. Also, I need to let go of my ego. I have just realized that my biggest obstacle in my recruiting process is my own ego since it is my ego that fueled my ambition to aim for the impossible positions. Thus, by comparison I am never satisfied with all my current positions. I guess there is a lot of lessons embedded in this experience.

Tomorrow I am going to take my nephew, this 8 year old monster to Disneyland. I guess I need it too. But we are only going to the Disneyland Park not California Adventure, so I won't be taking my favorite ride -- Tower of Terror =/.

Have a good night boys.

2 comments:

jay said...

All will be well. Just relax and focus on other things. I know how stressful recruiting can be but take one day at a time and yes, you need disneyland!

Anonymous said...

Some times you dont realise that you are stressing over something so unimportant till we look back. i dont think being ambitious is a back thing. you just have to know your abilities and what you are capable of and what you need...and from there you will be able realise your goals by working towards, so maybe the positions you are after you arent what you want but its a start in the right direction...maybe it just gaining experience in your field...i know alot of ppl want to get into good positions quickly but it doesnt always turn out that way...think of it as a character building exercise ^^
I hope I have been helpful ^^
and relax...my belief is once something is done dont look back cause you cant change what has happen, but just move forward.:)hope you enjoy your day at disneyland...lucky american LOL
oh im new to your blog so HI ^_^