Saturday, September 29, 2007

Score again

First of all thank you for the comments!

Well Guess WHAT! I got rear ended on Friday morning on my way to work. Yes! IT is me Against the World now!!! Bring it on bitches. Maybe it is time for me to pick a faith, Jesus Mary Buddha Santa Clause Eastern Bunny, help me!!!

Luckily, there was no damage. I am now just screaming at people who crash into me and they seem to be either confused or just intimidated. They probably didn't really talk to me all that much because I appeared to be psycho.

Friday went fairly quickly because I had a company outing thing. We went to a really nice park and had fried chicken, fries, coke, and pies. I had the first 3 items and they were so good. I haven't had any of those for a freaking long time. Fat does taste better!

--

Worked out super hard with my cute trainer and had good time just being stupid and really working hard. I bought Muscle Milk according to his advice and I hope this shit can pack me additional 20 lbs so I can whore myself around much easier.

After working out I went to Jumba Juice and Vitamin World and on my way out I started talking to this old guy. Then we just had a conversation for 30 mins on the street like that. He wasn't going to ask me to have sex with him for money. No, I wish since I kinda need extra money for my insurance but that wasn't the case. Instead we just talked about working out, career path and a bit economy and China. I know boring shit. However, it was pretty interesting and it was a very genuine event. I think it was genuine because we just had a conversation that went really well. We had something in common to share. Some subjective social observation if you will. I don't think people do this kinda things anymore, much less in L.A. at least. So that was kinda interesting and random. I enjoyed it anyway.

---
Ok the following is the boring stuff, so please skip if you really have nothing else to do, like jackoff and stuff you know.

Came home for dinner and mom said that she went to this very unique restaurant in China last week. China has 1.6 billion people and they are known for their food. So in order to stand out in China in the eatery business you really have to be creative nowadays thus we have all these themed restaurants. That seems to be all the rage nowadays. The one that she went to feature the theme from the 1960s during the 10 years long Culture Revolution of the Mao's years.

For those of you who have no idea about that (or history in general for that matter, lol just kidding), it was a tough time for anyone to endure. The country went through this social, cultural and political movement that shook every single individual's world. People became crazy and the whole general environment had a striking resemblance of the novel "1984". Though it was the toughest 10 years that many many Chinese endured. A lot of memories, the good or the bad still linger. People simply cannot forget that. Quoting from the promo slogan for the new PBS WWII documentary "The War", "It is impossible and immoral to forget that". People from my parents' generation sure cannot forget but the horror, chaos, and revolution that forever changed 1 billion people have lost its power in our generation. It past on as stories, legends and eventuall became myths. That is how we could have this Cultural Revolution themed restaurant. People are singing and dancing in the fashion that you could only find during that time. They wore the Mao outfit. The restaurants were covered in broken bricks and fliers printed in cheap colored paper. Instead of being chaotic and horrifying, it was surprisingly festival for the patrons. The restaurant is a hit in Beijing, the capital of China and people had to make reservation at least a day prior to their visit.

My mom said the show was great and it was unique. However, I just felt kinda bad. It is one thing that you have enough heart and humor to look at the sad and tragic pasts with a comical approach. It is however kinda offensive to capitalize it on a surface level for the shear shocking value. I mean it is perfectly fine here, I mean it is the America, people only react to shocks now. But in a country, which is still young at its modern development of entertainment business, it is kinda disturbing that they already went there. It is like you make a WWII themed restaurants featuring poison gas chambers. I am sure the Jews aren't laughing.

They lost touch with reality. The restaurant is a mere ghost of the surface of that devastating past. In a way it is reinterpreting history and the current generation is even less concerned with what just went terribly wrong only 50 years ago. For people who have endured that to enjoy these is totally beyond me. AND THEY DO. I guess they haven't suffered enough or they just really want to move on. Turning a blind eye. I mean ignorance is after all the most powerful tool that one is born with. Right?

4 comments:

Angus said...

Perhaps you need to consider alternative transport! (and lessons)

Is muscle milk a variation of homo milk?? I have trouble putting on weight but it's more because I can't eat every 2hours. I'd love an additional 4-10Kgs.

The whoring is a joke right?... right?... :P

Soul Seared Dreamer said...

You worry me sometimes.. you sure you didn't bang your head when you crashed your car?

So tell me, how much would you have charged the old man?

PS - You were kidding right?

dit said...

I think he is kidding about the "whoring" part. lol

Be careful driving.

Anonymous said...

thats good to hear that everything is ok ^^
your so health conscious...well is the milk thing working for you?
well have a nice day ^^;