Friday, September 14, 2007

A bit perk

I guess that is a bit of consolation for my little pay. As employee, we get to advance screen our products a bit earlier than the public.

A couple days ago, I invited a friend of mine and we did the advanced screening of The December Boys. It is kinda sweet, sad, and happy. It is one of those movies in which you somehow find a bit comfort and happiness out of a miserable situation. Daniel aka Harry Porter kinda broke off his cash cow/career killer role -- Harry Porter. Especially the innocent sex scenes made you forget about the asexual Harry Porter right away. My friend, who cried over SpiderMan 3 inevitably cried again. It was an independent film that was partially invested by Village Roadshow (aussie company) so you get to see a lot of aussie in it.

Overall it is a pretty good movie and I think it is interesting to see how Daniel chooses his strategy to break off his Harry Porter image. It is kinda hard considering he has two more to go. I am not a Harry Porter fan. But I have to give credits to this franchise. Apparently the 5 Harry Porter movies already established a franchise that in revenue has surpassed 6 Star Wars movies, and 22 James Bond movies. It is truly amazing how much purchase power the babies and whimsical young adults possess. Or rather, how willing their parents are to spend that much money for them.

Coming up, advanced screening of Assassination of Jesse James. I want me some Brad Pitt!!!!!!!

Peace~

No comments: