Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Weird people - 2

I was talking to VJ and this conversation reminded me of one strange guy that I met back then. It was just too strange.

Before I graduated I started to participate in this group called Urap. The group meets every Monday to discuss something social and gay. It was my only means to meet some gays. So toward the end, we had a celebration dinner and a lot of gays came out. There was this one freshmen gay dude who had curly hair and pitching voice. His skin was smooth and pale, like marble and he was petite and fragile. He were plaid pants paired with colorful sneakers. From afar, I couldn't tell if the person was a dude or a girl. I thought I would make better judgement when he was closer. But no luck there either since I still was confused by his whole package. I only found out that that was a dude till someone introduced his name.

Anyway it is not that strange. I mean there are transgenders, transexuals and all that in between. People can be the way they feel comfortable. It is not my business.

However, he later made the trip very uncomfortable in the car.

He was sitting next to me and we started to talk about music. He mentioned several 80s and 70s bands plus how the fashion style from those ages cycled back to today society. Whatever he was talking about I had absolutely no idea. Then he asked me what I listened to. I told him my preference then he asked "have you heard of xxxx band"? I am like no.... He said oh they were famous and they had some famous songs on the radio. I said oh really, maybe, I probably just don't know their names but have heard of their songs then. He said, yeah probably. Ok how about this, have you heard of this song? So he started to sing. His voice was as fragile as he looked and he was desperately controlling his pitch as it went higher and higher. After 5-6 versus, to which point i felt my hands started to sweat, I said, er... that was nice but no I haven't heard of it. He said oh... what about this one. He sang another song! His cracky voice sounded the same as the last only this one kinda reflected some sort of punky aggression which was lost in his translation. I got a bit nervous because apparently it was my initiative to talk to him started this freak show in the car and there were 3 other people who just remained silent. You could hear a pin drop if it were for the singing from this strange guy. He continued to sing another song. Luckily he was dropped off soon after that. I thought I was sure he was a dude, but once he started to sing it just confused me even more!

It was one of the most awkward trip in a car in my life and I felt quite like this owl!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

that is by far very strange to me LOL
but i think there isnt really what we call normal people i guest he must of been very comfortable with himself to be able to sing to you like that ^^ i can understand the uncomfortableness god knows we all be in these sorts of situations LOL
question do you still go to those group/social gatherings?

Hamilton said...

no i don't i graduated!

Anonymous said...

ok
take a chill pill man LOL
well congrations...^^

mstpbound said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAA omfg that's so awkwardly funny!! i can totally just imagine you next to this porcelain doll that's squeaking.... *snickers*