Tuesday, March 18, 2008

A weekend that felt like a week

I called my friend Dodo earlier that week and told her that I wanted to go shopping and have brunch on Saturday. She agreed, which is good because she has incredible sense of style and we always have fun together. I thought that was the plan for the whole weekend. Was I wrong.


Friday night, Kee called up and asked me to go have dinner with her... AFTER I pick her up from the airport. I was tired and driving to LAX in rush hours just didn't sound appealing at all. But she's been driving me around and treating me dinner etc, besides I am really counting on her to buy me an Iphone II as my bday or Christmas gift whenever that thing comes out.  So I told her I would be there. Oh of course, the friendship was a deciding factor too. I am serious!. 

The drive wasn't bad at all but I got even more tired once I arrived. Luckily her flight arrived early - I know how impossible that sounded - and we left the airport in no time. She just came back from Ohio so she was rocking this amazing coat from Kenneth Cole. I was impressed. In the car, she told me how there were so many cute corn fed white guys walking around etc.  Yeah, we have identical tastes in guys. Not just type of guys, but the exact same criteria as well.  We picked up her car from her boyfriend's place and we went for some dinner. As food lovers, we had a blast eating this really spicy Chinese noodles. Then we went back to her place and I curled up in her bed watching TV as if it was in the winter time. She was busy unpacking.  I think women do look beautiful when their mother  nature just naturally come out. Even though she was unpacking for herself, I could see that tender moment when she is cleaning up her baby's shit filled diapers etc. It was truly sweet. We talked and watched some more TV and went out to eat yet again.  I then accidentally left my key at the restaurant and made the owner to wait for me for 20 mins at 12:00am in a small plaza till I picked the keys up lol. He was SO nice. But he was pissed...

--

Saturday was my shopping day. My friend dodo ended up bringing 2 friends of hers. I didn't mind but the shopping then didn't go as I planned. I wanted to modify my style a bit. I really wanted to try some different kind of layering and with those two there I just didn't want to waste too much time and trying on clothes like a diva. So we just swiftly shopped around. 

I guess because we had a small group the hop shopping was really fun in West Hollywood/Melrose. We would go to one store and hop in the car drive to the next spot several blocks down the street and repeat. I know we were pretty lazy but we were able to find parking whenever we wanted so it was almost as if we owned the place. I picked out a Paul Frank long sweater for another friend of mine who was going to have her bday celebration the same night.  Now, after shopping for so long I felt that I really needed to get something for myself as well and since I was on a very tight budget due to my recent purchase of my kick ass Mac Book Pro, I went to Marc by Marc, the Marc Cheap. I bought a Chicago Marc grey Tshirt and two condoms. The condom was for my bday girl friend as a joke. On the way out we saw the cutest mascot - a skunk standing in the display window. How can we resist free photo op with a spring skunk? So we did our dramatic takes with the skunk and left the place happy and goofy.  Later on, I found out that I left my condoms and tshirt at the skunk's den and when I called in the girl was like "well you can come back and check." Yeah... that sounds like a plan. 

It rained on the way home. Sunny and pouring. The palms trees, weird buildings, unique window displays, crazy people, and the sunny rain made the afternoon a very memorable one. I thoroughly loved it.

Fast forward to 9 pm. I arrived at bday girl's apt and gifted her. We then headed out to the singing bar called Brass Monkey in Hollywood. It was a very wonderful and simple joint. People were genuinely having fun - even though 70% of the singers were practically screaming at the microphone. About 20 people showed up to the party and one guy definitely stood out. He was the boyfriend of a ex friend and oh my was he beautiful. He was half korean half white with a 10k millioin watt smile that shocked me every time he smiled. We ended up chatting for a while. He was still going to UCLA for MBA and he was originally from Maine how cute right? I was pretty much on camera duty along with two other guys. The girls went nuts, grinding, dancing, kissing each other getting wasted the usual. Even though I didn't sing along with the girls when they did their screaming rendition of "Hit Me Baby One More Time" and I didn't drink a drop of alcohol I still had a lot of fun. 

I left at 1:00am and called up Kee. She was just leaving the club Sugar in Hollywood too. She asked me if I wanted to eat. I think this is why I like her, we have the same taste in pretty much everything, guys, food, entertainment  and we are both Chinese so it is like connected by cultural soul already. I got home kept texting back and forth with her while I spent quality time with my Mac Book Pro. We ended up calling the night at 2:30am and decided not to eat at this weird hour. I mean the only place that opened was IHop and we are both kinda weight conscious, kinda...

--

Sunday

Kee, her boyfriend, her boyfriend's roommate, and I went for brunch at The Boiling Crabs. According to them, it is the pioneer in this new trend in this "relatively white washed area" within this Asian vicinity. I mean the only real white area left in LA is probably Hollywood Hills and when I say that I mean the Asian % is still considerably low compared to other places. I am not sure which target audience this restaurant is trying to impress. The Asians? So we can feel white washed enough? I mean I supposed that is a social step up according to the restaurant? or, the white people so they know they weren't the only white meat among the mysterious race called Asians? I wasn't sure but apparently the boyfriend, white mixed with the entire Europe a Chicago native, and his roommate a white guy from New Orleans were intrigued by the white washed callings and we decided to check this place out.

Well let's be clear we were here for their crawfish. So we got about 12 lbs of crawfishes and shrimps. Oh btw, I have to say that this place was white washed. According to the encyclopedia of stereotypes, this place got Mardi Gras beads hanging everywhere, with authentic crude wood chairs and tables, topped with 5 flat huge plasma focused on the ball games. Yeah I say it was very white washed. I mean the two white dudes seemed to be comfortable.  Actually we were making fun at this stupid ad the whole time. The crawfish was really spicy and for me kee and her bf it was very decent but it kinda pissed off our New Orlean dude because he didn't think it was authentic enough. I mean how dare they put the seasoning ON TOP A CRAWFISH. I dont know he kinda gasped so loud and long it was like the first time he was insulted.  Anyways, it was extremely messy and tiring brunch. I mean this meal totally killed the relaxing and trendy and gay aspects of the term brunch. oh did I feel macho afterward.  But I have to admit it was a LOAD of fun. We were laughing all the time hehehe

We then went shopping again. I was able to retrieve my Marc Jacobs t shirt and the condom which was given to Kee since she probably would dispense it right away.  I purchased the following, a G-star Vneck T. A energy vneck thin sweater (super cute!), and 7 Diamond shirt. I think I will wear the shirt on Thursday when I see Troy and K hahaha...  the Gstar Vneck was a bit of a push. it was a pretty low Vneck at least for my standard so I kinda felt naked while trying it on. But as I was saying I really want to break away from the beach boy style, so I had to start somewhere. A naked Vneck would do it!

That was about it, I felt like that I never stopped moving the entire weekend. LA has blessed us with some beautiful weather, yes including that rain on Saturday, so it almost felt like a vacation by Sunday, a vacation seemed to end when it just started. 

It would have ended perfectly if the crawfish didn't fuck me up at 4:00am in the morning. I was awake, found myself moaning loudly from the stomachache. Yes, a quick yet violent bathroom run ended the pain but my sleep that night was thoroughly fucked....

Peace

No comments: