Monday, May 19, 2008

I donated the second time

This time is a family effort. We as a family donated 300 dollars to the relief effort for the Chinese 7.9 earthquake that resulted 50,000 some death, and 5 million household homeless.  We have been following this event unfold for a week now. From the Chinese official Xinhua news and the mostly independent Hong Kong based Phoenix network to the CNN new, we learned a lot of heart wrenching details.  I wish for a better tomorrow for the victims from the bottom of my heart.  Though 300 dollars is small considering the Chinese rich and famous, corporations, and the general public has donated 500 million American dollars to save these people.  I have to applaud the government for the swift action and resolute to help everyone involved.  Also I hope this is a wake up call for the poorly constructed infrastructure especially like schools.  They need to do more prevention than recovery.  Regardless, at this point, we can only look at the brighter side. 


Hope yall can help in some way. 

Peace.

5 comments:

Christian said...

This is a sad tragedy indeed. I hope the death toll stops rising.

Ganymede said...

Horrible tragedy. Very very sad indeed. :(

dit said...

It is very sad, first, for those people who have suffered this. The company I work for has donated quite a bit already and is sending more.

I also makes me wonder as it could easily be/happen in Los Angeles.

Unknown said...

good for you for donating
when things like this happen it put alot of things into perspective
dont you think?

dit said...

I hope you are ok. It has been a long while my friend. Take care.