Monday, July 21, 2008

Ah I am being cynical again

Gym buddy has been great, we hang out for July 4th with his fiance and my friends. We all had a great time, then we worked out a couple more times etc.  Especially my friends and I went nuts in the water and totally had a blast.  I lost my Rainbow sandals in the waves and now I am wearing a new pair.  It is going to be another year of foot battle with the footwear, so far the sandals have been beating the shit out of my feet T_T....


Anyways, when we were at the beach watching fireworks on the 4th, out of no where, his future wife all of sudden asked,

"So what have you planned on August 9th."

(hmmm wth... is she inviting me to the wedding? but I don't even really know them isn't this supposed to be a very intimate event?...)

"ah... nothing why."

"would you like to come to our wedding."

"oh, ah, sure haha why not. "

(hmmm ok i guess we are really getting along enough that she is willing to invite me to their weddings kinda cool.)

Gym Hubby walked back to us when this exchange between me and his soon to be wife took place.

"Oh, Hamilton wants to go to our wedding.'

"Ah... cool. "

WTF WTF WTF. 

WHo the fuck said I wanted to go, that was kinda distasteful. 

Anyways...

Later on I asked if I could bring a person and he said yes. But overall after really thinking about it, (plus all my female friends are going out of town during that time), I think it is really inappropriate for me to go.  I do not only not know anyone there, but what am I gonna say when anyone asks me how I met him?

"ah... we worked out together for 2 weeks and I think he is totally hot. "

Yeah that is not gonna go well. So now I have decided not to go.

But since I am already invited, now refusing it is already kinda bad, at the same time, I need to get them a wedding gift either I go or not.  I especially should get the gift now that I am not going.  I am kinda not happy about this.  I really do not know these people what the hell.

My friend helped me with a thoughtful gift and I think it would be a good gift. It is not from the lame registry either, so I think it is great.  Even though I got lucky that I didn't have to drop like 50-100 dollars on a stranger's wedding I am still kinda annoyed by the situation especially how she made it sound as if I invited myself.  Do I look like that kind of person?

Now i think about it, she did this probably for an extra gift.  I know how cynical but who the fuck invite strangers to their wedding when they already have a budget for 180 people? 

Beh.... not cool

4 comments:

Jeff said...

you can always claim last minute family thing and give apologies if u need to...

dit said...

jeff has a good idea. It seems rather awkward, no? Difficult situation, and yeah, she sort of put you on the spot with "Hamilton wants to come to our wedding" unless they had discussed it prior with each other. I have sent a wedding gift via messenger before though. lol

Unknown said...

I just gave him my gift. He was happy. Well he'd better be ha..

Now I am thinking when I should come out to him.

Anonymous said...

Why the hell do you have to get them a gift?